Affected Operating Systems
If you've received an alert, then you have 2 options:
- authorize the file
- send the file to the lab for analysis
Authorize the file if it's from a trusted source.
Send it to the lab for analysis if you:
- do not trust the file
- or believe it to be compromised in some way
To reduce the chance of unwanted detections, Sophos HIPS should be set to 'Alert only' mode for the duration of any software installations. For more information, please read the knowledgebase article about deciding whether to allow or block a file.
Sending a file to the lab?
When you complete the sample submission form, please give a reason for your submission and mention this "HIPS/" detection.
- ^ Authorize the file (www.sophos.com)
- ^ Send it to the lab for analysis (www.sophos.com)
- ^ deciding whether to allow or block a file (www.sophos.com)
- ^ complete the sample submission form (www.sophos.com)